Every screening will take place in the University of Otago’s Red Lecture Theatre, located near the side entrance of the Scott Building, across the road from the emergency entrance of the Dunedin Public Hospital on Great King Street not far from the corner of Hanover Street. All of this year’s film showings will begin at 7:30 pm on Wednesdays.
Due to the non-commercial screening rights, most screenings are for members or 3-Movie-Pass holders only. We reluctantly reserve the right to change the scheduled programme if a film does not arrive.
The Dunedin Film Society would like to thank the University of Otago and Short Film Otago for their continuing support. Our screening of CHINA’S VAN GOGHS is presented in co-operation with the Confucius Institute, Victoria University of Wellington; our screening of BADEN BADEN, FIDELIO: ALICE’S ODYSSEY, LES COWBOYS and NEITHER HEAVEN NOR EARTH is presented in co-operation with the Embassy of France and the Institut Français; and our screening of FUKUSHIMA, MON AMOUR, WILD and YOUNG TÖRLESS is presented in co-operation with the Goethe-Institut.
For a longer description, including complete censorship details, please click onto the highlighted title of each of the films listed below.
- 28 February: THE INNOCENTS
- 7 March: SECONDS
- 14 March: THE ILLUSIONIST
- 21 March: OF HORSES AND MEN
- 4 April: LISTEN TO ME MARLON
- 11 April: FUKUSHIMA, MON AMOUR
- 18 April: THINGS TO COME
- 25 April: EX MACHINA
- 2 May: MON ONCLE
- 9 May: WILD
- 16 May: THE LADY FROM SHANGHAI
- 23 May: FANTASTIC PLANET
- 30 May: FIREWORKS WEDNESDAY
- 11 July: AFTER THE STORM
- 18 July: BADEN BADEN
- 25 July: GILDA
- 1 August: LES COWBOYS
- 29 August: FIDELIO: ALICE’S ODYSSEY
- 5 September: CHINA’S VAN GOGHS
- 12 September: DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS
- 19 September: NEITHER HEAVEN NOR EARTH
- 26 September: YOUNG TÖRLESS
- 3 October: LE QUATTRO VOLTE
- 10 October: MUSTANG
- 17 October: FILL THE VOID