Every screening will take place in the University of Otago’s Red Lecture Theatre, located near the side entrance of the Scott Building, across the road from the emergency entrance of the Dunedin Public Hospital on Great King Street not far from the corner of Hanover Street. All of this year’s film showings will begin at 7:30 pm on Wednesdays.
Due to the non-commercial screening rights, most screenings are for members or 3-Movie-Pass holders only. We reluctantly reserve the right to change the scheduled programme if a film does not arrive.
The Dunedin Film Society would like to thank the University of Otago for their continuing support. Our screening of Félicité, Makala and The Paris Opera is presented in co-operation with the Embassy of France and the Institut Français; and our screening of The Forest For The Trees, The Legend Of Rita, Western and The Young Karl Marx is presented in co-operation with the Goethe-Institut.
For a longer description, including complete censorship details, please click onto the highlighted title of each of the films listed below.
- 27 February: Heart of a Dog
- 6 March: The Match Factory
- 13 March: Ariel
- 20 March: Zama
- 27 March: Cameraperson
- 3 April: Daisies
- 10 April: The Young Karl Marx
- 17 April: It Happened One Night
- 24 April: Faces Places
- 1 May: The Forest for the Trees
- 8 May: Western
- 15 May: Aquarius
- 22 May: Hiroshima Mon Amour
- 29 May: Sunset Boulevard
- 10 July: Félicité
- 17 July: In This Corner of the World
- 24 July: The Paris Opera
- 31 July: The Legend of Rita
- 21 August: Tanna
- 28 August: In A World…
- 4 September: The Virgin Suicides
- 11 September: Makala
- 18 September: Brazil
- 25 September: His Girl Friday
- 2 October: I Am Not Your Negro
- 9 October: Last Year At Marienbad
- 16 October: Housebound