Every screening will take place in the University of Otago’s Red Lecture Theatre, located near the side entrance of the Scott Building, across the road from the emergency entrance of the Dunedin Public Hospital on Great King Street not far from the corner of Hanover Street. All of this year’s film showings will begin at 7:30 pm on Wednesdays.
Due to the non-commercial screening rights, most screenings are for members or 3-Movie-Pass holders only. We reluctantly reserve the right to change the scheduled programme if a film does not arrive.
The Dunedin Film Society would like to thank the University of Otago for their continuing support. Our screening of A Polar Year and Young Solitude is presented in co-operation with the Embassy of France and the Institut Français; and our screening of 3 Days in Quiberon and The Garden is presented in co-operation with the Goethe-Institut.
For a longer description, including complete censorship details, please click onto the highlighted title of each of the films listed below.
- 8 July: The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith
- 15 July: Neighbouring Sounds (O Som ao Redor)
- 22 July: Exhibition
- 29 July: I Am Not a Witch
- 5 August: Arctic
- 17 August: Capharnaum
- 19 August: Tehran Taxi
- 26 August: Screening cancelled [Ixcanul Volcano rescheduled to 11 Nov]
- 3 September: A Polar Year [NB: this screening will take place at 6:30pm at Reading Cinemas in the Octagon]
- 9 September: 3 Days in Quiberon (3 Tage in Quiberon)
- 16 September: Young Solitude (Premières solitudes)
- 23 September: Model Shop
- 30 September: Daughters of the Dust
- 7 October: Let the Sunshine In (Un beau soleil intérieur)
- 14 October: God’s Own Country
- 21 October: The Garden (Sommerhäuser)
- 28 October: The Insult (L’insulte)
- 4 November: The Seduction of Mimi (Mimì metallurgico ferito nell’onore)
- 11 November: Ixcanul Volcano
- 18 November: Certain Women
- 25 November: Manifesto
- 2 December: Angel Heart